Elite Insurance Company Limited
Although the Grantham based Elite Insurance Company Limited was formed in 2004, it was acquired by Litcomp Plc. in 2005. It subsequently became part of Torridon Capital Ltd in 2010 which was in turn acquired by Torridon (Gibraltar) Ltd in 2011, when the entire business moved its place of domicile to Gibraltar.
In addition to its local headquarters in Grantham, Elite also maintains offices in London and Warrington. In 2011 it established an office in Madrid, in 2012 an office in Milan and in 2013 a branch in Paris. The company claims that this evidence of fast growth and expansion has earned it a place in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
The company's declared areas of specialisation are:
- legal expenses insurance;
- professional indemnity insurance; and
- general insurance.
The company claims to deliver products in these broad categories conveniently, quickly and competitively through its network of resellers.
Elite Insurance Company Limited claims that it is unlike many mainstream insurers who offer one size fits all solutions - Elite instead seeks to build customised insurance solutions for individual customers.
Owners of let property are invariably concerned about protecting their investment through the appropriate form of insurance. Because such landlords are more than property owners, but also involved in the generation of rent as a business income, they may also look to insurance cover to protect their business interests.
Landlord insurance, therefore, typically involves some or all of the following types of protection:
- building and contents insurance - against such risks as fire, flooding, storm damage, impacts, subsidence (in some cases), vandalism and theft;
- loss of rental income following an insured event;
- public liability cover - in the event of claims of negligence from members of the public, including tenants, whose property is lost or damaged or who suffer personal injury;
- employer's liability cover - in the event of claims from any employees who may have suffered personal injury or ill health in connection with their working for the landlord; and
- other potential risks of business interruption.
Elite landlord insurance
Elite offers a range of general insurance products that can be tailor made to a consumer's needs. While it does not provide details of its let property insurance cover, it may because of its declared commitment to innovation in the range of products it wishes to offer - resulting in a constantly changing and evolving portfolio of products, features and benefits.