Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Please be advised that our premium finance provider’s website is unavailable between 8pm Saturday 4th July and 10am Sunday 5th July 2020 for planned maintenance. This only affects customers wanting to buy or renew a policy and pay via instalments. All other policies will be unaffected. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Customer Login Get Quotes

Holiday Residence Leisure Home Insurance

cta caravan

75% of customers could get a cheaper quote over the phone*
Call now on 

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1

and Quote Ref GA1799
Click "Get Quotes" below

caravan quote001

I would like a quote for Holiday Residence Leisure Home Insurance

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me to discuss Holiday Residence Leisure Home Insurance

Request a Callback
caravan quote003

I want to compare Holiday Residence Leisure Home Insurance

Get Quotes


  • Holiday Homes and Holiday lets covered
  • Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
  • Policies can include Accidental damage
  • Low prices with value-added policies
  • Security of A rated insurers
  • Immediate Cover Available

Holiday Residence Leisure Home Insurance

The term mobile home can be confusing at times.

Mobile homes are caravans, with the potential for being moved from one place to another – but they rarely go anywhere, instead staying berthed on a pitch at your chosen resort or park. As a static home, it may be used as your holiday home or let to other holidaymakers, season in and season out.

More confusing still is the inclusion of a holiday lodge or chalet under the general category of a static or leisure home.

So, let’s take a closer look at static home insurance – also known as holiday leisure home insurance or simply holiday home insurance.

What is holiday caravan insurance and what does it cover?

Just as the title suggests, holiday caravan insurance is cover for the mobile home you have bought for holiday use or for letting to other visitors to earn a little extra cash.

Holiday caravan insurance – and, indeed, the closely-related holiday lodge insurance – is designed to protect the fabric and structure of your holiday home against a range of potentially serious risks. These include fire, flooding, impacts, accidental damage, vandalism and theft.

Our policies also provide you up to £1,000 of insurance cover for any damage caused by the emergency services when attending an incident involving your mobile home.

The contents of your holiday home are also covered by the static home insurance policies we arrange here at UKinsuranceNET – but you might want to note the limits of claims involving personal belongings of £500, £500 for the contents of your freezer, and £250 in money.

An important provision – otherwise easy to overlook – is the protection of some £2 million public liability insurance, in the event of claims against you made by visitors to your holiday home, neighbours or members of the public who are injured or have their property damaged as a result of your alleged negligence as the occupier.

Why may you need holiday mobile home insurance?

Whether it is loss or physical damage to your holiday home or the liabilities you may face as its owner and occupier, it is clear that there are a number of perils – which carry the risk of your personal financial responsibility unless you have mobile home insurance.

Leisure or holiday home insurance provides just those indemnities.

What is the difference between holiday home and residential static home insurance?

When looking for your holiday home insurance, it is important to recognise the distinction between a park home and a static caravan or lodge used for holidays only.

The two may look practically identical, but only a park home – berthed on a site that has been granted the relevant planning permission and been licensed by the local council – may be lived in on a permanent basis the whole year round.

Without that planning permission or licence, your holiday home may be lived in for holidays only, up to a maximum of 11 months in any one year.

For a park home you may need park home insurance or residential static home insurance, but for a holiday home, you need holiday home or holiday lodge insurance.

Why choose us at UKinsuranceNET?

As one of the UK’s leading independent, online insurance brokers, UKinsuranceNET strives to deliver customer service that is second to none – including those of our clients in search of tailor-made holiday home insurance.