Are you looking to invest in the Yorkshire town of Doncaster – or maybe start a family or begin your further education there? You might want to think about some of these reasons for doing so …
House Prices 🏠
- Most expensive property: £700,000
- Average house price in Doncaster: £145,139
- Cheapest property: £28,250 (terraced, freehold)
Property Investment 🏠 🏠
- Although the most expensive property price within the urban area is £700,000, the surrounding countryside offers considerably more substantial country houses, priced in the region of £2,000,000 (or more)
- In the town, the majority of sales have been semi-detached properties
- Now might be the time to buy, as average prices are currently rising at a rate of around 8%, compared to a national average of just 5.8%.
- Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council has an economic strategy to the year 2018, with a focus on compatibility with the wider economic growth of the whole Sheffield area
- This places an emphasis on improvement to economic infrastructure and support for those businesses offering quality employment opportunities
- Thanks to its location and ease of access to major cities in the north of England, much of the present economy is based on its role as a transport hub and distribution centre.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Doncaster is only 20 miles from Sheffield and the two conurbations share use of the international Robin Hood airport
- Fast road access to London and points north is provided through ready access to the M1 and M18 motorways
- A less well-known fact is that Doncaster is the starting point for European Route 13, connecting the northern cities to London.
- Doncaster is making itself a centre of educational excellence through the development of Doncaster Education City, popularly known as the Hub
- Doncaster College also has a campus at the Hub and another at the University Centre.
- Doncaster has a number of parks and gardens of local historical interest, including four which are inscribed in the English Heritage National Register of
- Historic Parks and Gardens;
- In addition, there are a further 26 parks and gardens within the Metropolitan Borough.
Finally, did you know …
- Travel site TripAdviser cited Doncaster as one of the top 10 up and coming European Towns
- Probably the most famous English steam locomotives, the Flying Scotsman and the Mallard were built in Doncaster – in 1923 and 1938 respectively
- Former Top Gear presenter, Jeremy Clarkson, is from Doncaster.