Thinking of moving to Peterborough? Whether you’re starting a family, planning an investment or beginning higher education, here is what Peterborough has to offer.
House Prices 🏠
- Most expensive property: £2.5m for a former mill, now a 5 bedroom detached home
- Average house price in Peterborough: £175,526
- Cheapest property: £30,000 for a 2 bedroom mobile home.
Property Investment 🏠 🏠
- Residential property prices are rising. In 2015, sold prices in Peterborough were up 6% on the previous year and 11% up on 2007 when the average house price was £158,158
- Peterborough housing and population are expanding and, according to Wikipedia, a £1 billion regeneration of the city centre and surrounding area is underway
- Peterborough is located in the East of England, where residential property prices are expected to see a 21% growth by 2020.
- Peterborough has a history of successful economic growth
- In 2005, economic growth was on average 5.5%, whilst in Peterborough it was 6.9% - the highest in the UK
- The area has lots of financial services and distribution suppliers and a low rate of unemployment.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Peterborough bridges the Cambridgeshire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire borders
- Central London can reached by regular commuter trains in just 45–50 minutes. It is a major railway junction giving access to Lincoln, Norwich, Birmingham, Ipswich and Stansted Airport
- The A1 provides easy access to other areas including the Port Of Felixstone.
- There are 68 primary schools, 23 secondary schools and 16-18 schools or colleges
- Peterborough Regional College attracts over 15,000 students each year from the UK and abroad and is ranked in the top 5% of colleges in the UK
- There is a mix of church schools, free schools and academies.
- Peterborough offers the perfect mix of city bustle with stunning countryside
- Enjoy boat trips at Nene Park, country walks, or visit the Norman cathedral
- Go shopping at Queensgate where you can find well-known shops or visit independent stores and the Peterborough market in the city centre.
Finally, did you know …
- That the Nene Valley Railway has appeared in well over 150 films, commercials and episodes for television?
- Catherine of Aragon is buried in what is now Peterborough Cathedral?
- Compared to the rest of the UK, the Peterborough area is sunnier than many other places, with totals averaging nearly 1,600 hours a year?