If you are looking for your next investment property or are looking to relocate, then Stockton on Tees may be worth a look. Read on to find out more about this market town in County Durham, Cleveland, North East England …
House Prices 🏠
- Most expensive property: 4 bedroom detached house £689,000
- Average house price in Stockton on Tees: £129,100
- Cheapest property: 2 bedroom terraced house £24,950 (auction price)
Property Investment 🏠 🏠
- A £17m proposal is being considered to develop a 125-bed Hampton by Hilton hotel in Stockton based on a “rock solid” business case backed by industry experts
- New build student accommodation which completed in January 2016 promised a 6% net rental income
- The property market in Stockton will have hundreds of new homes in the near future, and as workers and students start moving in to enjoy the opportunities brought by developments such as Northshore (part of the regeneration programme), demand for these homes is going to grow steadily.
- Stockton on Tees is undergoing regeneration with £100m of investment being poured in to the community
- The £300m Northshore development aims to create a whole new business community on the north bank of the River Tees, creating approximately 4,500 jobs
- In the last 30 years, the town has seen an increase in service industries housing companies such as Barclays, Churchill and HMRC.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Stockton on Tees is served by two main arterial roads: the transpennine A66 (east/west) and the A19 (north/south) and several miles to the west of the town is the A1(M) Motorway.
- A number of bus services operate in Stockton and most services pass through the High Street
- Stockton railway station serves the town, but more regular and long haul services are operated from nearby Thornaby
- Durham Tees Valley Airport, formerly Teesside Airport, is partially located within the borough, several miles west of the town, offering domestic and international flights.
- Stockton on Tees has around 60 primary schools, and 13 secondary schools a mix of Church of England and Catholic, several colleges, as well as an Evangelist primary school
- There is a choice of four universities in the area.
- Stockton plays host to plenty of attractions with white water rafting at Tees Barrage or paintballing
- Enjoy peace and tranquillity in the country parks such as Ropner Park, Billingham Beck Park or Preston Hall Park & Museum
- On an evening relax at the cinema or theatre and enjoy a meal and drink at one of the many fine restaurants Stockton has to offer – or take a cruise.
Finally, did you know …
- Stockton on Tees has more of a continental climate than other parts of the UK, with above average summer temperatures, and below average winter temperatures?
- The world’s first safety match was invented in the town by local chemist John Walker? His first sale of the product was made on 1827
- That Stockton claims to have the widest High Street in England?