Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Customer Login Get Quotes

Empty Property? A Simple Guide for Choosing the Best Insurance

apartment-647877 640

Your usual home insurance and landlord insurance policies will require the property to be occupied. If your home or property is going to be empty for a significant amount of time then you will need to consider which insurance policy is best for you. Here is a little guide as to what you should consider when making your choice.

Easy to contact

It is vital to keep your insurance provider up to date with any changes at your property. This could be that it is unoccupied or undergoing maintenance. If you do not then your insurance could be considered void. It is therefore best to choose an insurance provider who is approachable, easy to contact and who preferably could offer advice to the best option for you, taking any possible changes into account.


Find out what your regular Landlord Insurance or Home Insurance covers. Some policies may cover an empty property for a short period of time at no extra cost. At UKinsuranceNET we can provide up to 90 days on occupancy with our landlord policies, which covers most voids. If your property is unoccupied for longer periods of time Empty Buildings Insurance could be the answer.


Is your property going to be undergoing maintenance? The type of insurance you choose should take into account the type of maintenance that will be carried out. You will also need to consider if the property is occupied during the renovations or if it will be empty.

Holiday home

If your property is being used as a holiday home this may mean it is vacant for most of the year. Here at UKinsuranceNET we have specific policies to cover your specific needs, including holiday home owners with our tailored Holiday Home Insurance.

Time of year

Depending on the time of year your property will be empty, different elements may be needed within your policy. This will affect which insurance is most suitable. During the winter, properties may need more protection from frost damage or water damage, whereas other months may need storm and flood protection.


Is your property empty right now? Your current home or landlord insurance may not cover an empty property for any length of time. If so call us at UKinsuranceNET today on 0844 875 5555 to talk through your situation so we can provide you with a solution as quickly as possible.


When it comes to insuring your home or your properties it is vital to be completely honest in your application. Any misleading or inaccurate information may invalidate any claim you make or could lead to your application for insurance becoming invalid. Whichever insurance you choose, the details you provide must be correct to ensure your home or your investments are protected.

We offer a wide range of non-standard insurance policies. At UKinsuranceNET we specialise in unique and tailored solutions to cover all of your needs. Simply contact us today and we’ll talk through your options, provide friendly but professional advice and find the best insurance for you. 

You can keep up with UKinsuranceNET's latest updates and never miss our advice by following us on Facebook and Twitter

If you're interested in joining our team, you can follow our professional network on LinkedIn too. 


About the author