Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

E Underwiting Landlords Insurance

house 270px 2

Compare quotes from E Underwriting Insurance

Click Get Quotes below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
Quote Small House

I want to insure a single property

Get Quotes
quote terraces

I want to insure multiple properties

Get Quotes
Watson Phone

Call now on 01325 346328 or click below

Request a Callback


  • Excellent rates
  • Multi property discounts
  • Up to 90 days cover for vacant properties
  • Paperless application and immediate cover
  • Save up to 30% on your renewal premium
  • Low insurance prices with great policies

E Underwriting has recently become part of Pen Underwriting, a group which prides itself on providing entirely bespoke insurance solutions to its clients.

With these aims in mind, the group offers real estate insurance solutions for single residential let properties, entire blocks of flats and investment portfolios of both residential and commercial property.

The company’s head office in the UK is in Houndsditch, East London, with related businesses trading under the names of Keelan Westall, Vela and Zennor.

What makes landlord insurance a specialist product?

Thanks to its specialisation in real estate insurance, E Underwriting is fully aware of the distinction between the cover required by an owner occupier – typically, standard home building and contents insurance – and the quite different cover required for let property.

Different cover is required because the risks and perils faced by a property at the centre of a buy to let business are significantly different from those faced by a property continuously occupied by its owner as the principal place of residence.

Because of those divergent risks, standard home building and contents insurance is not only ill-equipped to protect against them, but may inevitably lead to any claim being rejected if the property insured under standard home insurance conditions is in fact let to tenants – whether residential or commercial.

What does it cover?

Landlords insurance has a number of major risks to cover:

  • first and foremost, of course, is the structure and fabric of the building itself – against potentially devastating risks such as fire, flooding, storm damage, impacts, vandalism and theft;
  • contents owned by the landlord in the let property may also need to be insured, even at a basic level, to cover such items as carpets, curtains and other soft furnishings;
  • public liability cover – also known as property owner’s liability insurance or landlord’s liability insurance – is also an important protection against claims from members of the public, tenants or their visitors who suffer a personal injury or have their property damaged.

The let property is central to a business undertaking which relies upon a steady income stream from rents. Landlord insurance may provide a degree of compensation, therefore, for any loss of rental income if the property becomes uninhabitable following a major insured event. The total amount payable is typically limited to a certain percentage of the total building sum insured.

Why choose E Underwriting landlord insurance policy?

E Underwriting is a firm of London-based underwriters who have expertise in insurance for insurance, with their products marketed through brokers rather than direct sales to customers.

Cover is available for buildings worth up to £5 million and contents up to £350,000. Cover against accidental damage may be included as an optional extra.

Landlord liability indemnity of up to £5 million is also available.