Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Customer Login Get Quotes

Landlords insurance UK


Greatest buy to let deals available instantly online

Click Get Quotes below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
Quote Small House

I need a quote for landlords insurance UK

Get Quotes
Watson Phone

Call now on 01325 346328 or click below

Request a Callback
Quote House

I need to compare landlords insurance UK

Get Quotes


  • We search the market
  • Up to 20 insurers quoting directly
  • Independent and unbiased advice
  • 25% multi building discount available
  • Excellent no claims discount scheme
  • Up to 20K free contents cover available

Landlords insurance UK

Landlord’s insurance in the UK might be described as a niche insurance product, fulfilling a specialist market demand.

It is a specialist product, for example, because it needs to be distinguished from the type of standard home building and contents insurance typically arranged by the owner occupier of his or her main residence.

Even if it was once the home you lived in, as soon as your property is let to tenants, insurers reassess the risks and regard the property as a business asset which you are using to generate a rental income from your tenants.

Your standard home insurance is no longer appropriate and, indeed, if you attempt to rely on that cover when the property is let to tenants, you are likely to find that any claim is rejected by your insurer.

Why do you need landlord’s insurance?

One of the obstacles to recognising the need for a specialist form of insurance for landlords may be the fact that many of the risks and perils against which protection is provided are the same for practically any form of property insurance – namely protection of the structure and fabric of the building, together with the contents you own against such risks as:

  • flooding;

  • storm damage;

  • fire, explosions and earthquakes;

  • smoke damage;

  • escape of water;

  • subsidence;

  • impacts;

  • theft; and

  • vandalism.

But there are additional reasons for your needing landlord’s insurance when you are running a business with the property as its major asset.

If one of these insured events results in especially serious damage to your property, for instance, your tenants may need to move out and you lose the opportunity to collect the rent upon which your business relies. Landlord insurance typically provides an element of compensation for such loss of rental income.

Landlord’s insurance in the UK also typically includes landlord’s liability insurance to cover claims which might arise from tenants, their visitors or members of the public who hold you responsible for some injury or property damage they sustain in connection with your let property.

If appropriate, the cover may also include employer’s liability insurance against the possible injury or illness sustained by any employee of yours.

What you need to know when buying cover

The essential thing you need to know when buying your landlord’s insurance in the UK, therefore, is that it is likely to be a multi-faceted, specialist form of insurance.

Why choose us?

For a specialist form of insurance, you may need a specialist insurance provider. At UKinsuranceNET, we are just such specialist providers, with an expertise and experience in arranging insurance for many landlords owning many different types of property, let to tenants from all manner of backgrounds.

Drawing on that knowledge and experience, we are able to match your precise insurance needs and requirements to the most appropriate products available in this niche of the insurance market – providing you competitively priced quotes.