Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

NIG Landlords Insurance

house 270px 3

Get really competitive quotes online 

Click Get Quotes below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1


Quote Small House

I want to insure a single property

Get Quotes
quote terraces

I want to insure multiple properties

Get Quotes
Watson Phone

Call now on 01325 346328 or click below

Request a Callback


  • Save up to 30% on your renewal premium
  • Many tenant types acceptable
  • Greatest buy to let deals available
  • Up to 20K free contents cover available
  • 25% multi building discount available
  • Up to 13 weeks cover for vacant properties

NIG landlords insurance

If you choose landlords insurance from NIG (formally the National Insurance and Guarantee Corporation), your cover is associated with some of the biggest and most dependable names in the history of British insurance – names such as Direct Line and the Churchill Group, for instance.

Why is specialist cover required for landlords?

Owners of any type of property, whether it is owner occupied, let to tenants, commercial premises, leasehold or freehold, are likely to have a keen interest in protecting what is likely to have been a significant investment in the purchase of that property.

The protection and safeguards afforded by insurance, however, also needs to reflect the purpose to which the premises are put and the nature of occupation – a property which is let to tenants, for example, is exposed to different risks and perils to one which is permanently occupied by its owner.

The different nature and scope of those risks calls for specialist landlord insurance cover.

What does it safeguard?

Specialist cover for the owners of buy to let property is a specialist, niche insurance which may vary to suit the needs and requirements of specific landlords.

Typically, however, the cover is designed to safeguard the premises themselves and their contents against potential loss or damage from such major events as fire, flooding, escape of water, storm damage, impacts and vandalism, and also to offer protection against some of the particular risks and perils faced by landlords (as distinct from owner occupiers).

The latter recognises the fact that the landlord is running a business and one of the ways an insurer typically extends cover for this business aspect is to offer compensation for loss of rental income if tenants need to vacate the property following a major insured event.

Other major risks encountered by landlords may require the provision of indemnity against claims alleging either property owner’s liability or, if appropriate, employer’s liability.

Why choose NIG for your landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance offered by NIG is suitable for the owners of both residential and commercial let property and the scale of cover provided makes it suitable not only for small and medium sized buy to let businesses, but also larger property owning companies and those holding portfolios of up to 25 premises.

If you are interested in a particular NIG product, you might want to use our no-obligation quote and buy service.

In the meantime, you might want to be aware that the standard buildings cover incorporated in NIG policies is up to £5 million and this may be increased to £10 million. There is unlimited cover for loss or damage to glass and sanitary ware.

Standard cover for contents owned by landlords is £250,000 and may be increase up to £500,000.

Indemnity for property owner’s or public liability starts at up to £2 million but may be increased to £10 million.

At the time of writing (March 2015), optional extras include insurance for all rents receivable (with either a £1 million or £1.5 million upper limit), employer’s liability (£10 million) and personal accident cover.

You can access a wide range of deals which regular insurance brokers cannot offer due to the risks involved. Comparing prices with some of the UK’s best insurers such as AXA, Royal Sun AllianceAviva and Zurichall in one place.