Customer Login

Call today – +44 1325 346 328

Call from Overseas – +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: UKIN01

Unoccupied Home Insurance UK

Get an Instant Online Quote in minutes. If you prefer to talk call us on 01325 346328


I need unoccupied home insurance

Landlord’s Insurance for Expats

I need some advice regarding unoccupied home insurance


Quote me for unoccupied home insurance please


Ongoing building work no problem
Wide range of policies to choose from
Specialist advice to ensure you get the best insurance cover for you
Probate not granted yet? Not a problem
We can deal directly with your solicitors
Short & long term unoccupied insurance

Unoccupied Home Insurance UK

Unoccupied home insurance for UK property owners is made easy, straight forward and simple to arrange at UKinsuranceNET.

We have a particular expertise in this niche of the home insurance market and may help to ensure that even when you have to leave your home unoccupied for several months or more, it is still adequately protected.

Why do you need unoccupied home insurance in the UK?

There is no doubt about it, an empty property is vulnerable to a host of threats, some of which a home in continuous residence may not face to anything like the same degree.

When your home is unoccupied, it might act as a magnet for all types of unwelcome attention – and the loss and damage that often goes with it. As a notice by Plymouth City Council explains, an empty home may be a focus for all manner of anti-social behaviour – ranging from arson and vandalism to squatters, fly-tippers and vermin.

Even within a secure and well-maintained empty property minor faults may develop from time to time. Left unnoticed and unrepaired, a minor fault such as an electrical short-circuit might develop into a full-blown, devastating fire.

For reasons such as these, you are likely to find that your standard home insurance package – which protects your home perfectly well whilst you are living there all the time – is significantly reduced in its level of cover, and may even become invalid, once the property has been empty for 30 to 60 consecutive days or so (the exact period differs from one insurer to another).

Without your usual insurance safeguarding your home, therefore an alternative is required – and to the rescue come specialist unoccupied home insurance.

What you need to know when buying cover

What you need to know when buying unoccupied home insurance in the UK is just what you get for the price of the premiums you pay. Depending on the value and condition of the property and its contents, for instance, you might decide that quite basic cover may suffice.

If it is the home you have lived in for a number of years, with contents that you have built up over a similar period of time, you might want to err on the side of caution and arrange more comprehensive cover.

Even with the appropriate cover in place, you are still responsible for taking every reasonable precaution for mitigating any loss or damage. Steps might include the fairly obvious attention to locks and intruder alarms but might also extend to a requirement that you arrange for inspection visits of the unoccupied property from time to time – to check that it remains secure and that any maintenance is undertaken.

Why choose us?

You are likely to choose us here at UKinsuranceNET if you are looking for empty property insurance that meets all of your needs and requirements.

We aim to deliver on just that promise in any free, no-obligation quote we give you.