Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Customer Login Get Quotes

Commercial Building Insurance

house 270px 4

75% of customers get a cheaper price over the phone!

Reduce your premiums by over 40%

Comprehensive cover at an amazing price

Get Quotes

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1


  • Option to pay monthly - helping your cash flow
  • All types of buildings & businesses covered including unoccupied
  • Public & Employers liability as standard
  • Loss of rent for up to 25% of the sum insured
  • Cover for fire, theft, vandalism, storm damage
  • Business interruption cover as standard

Commercial building insurance


Buildings insurance for commercial properties can come in many forms, from landlord insurance to hotel insurance; shop insurance to warehouse insurance; and surgery insurance to office insurance – and so on.


And while there are many different forms of commercial building insurance, the aim of all of them is the same – to protect a building that is being used for business purposes against many risks such as fire, flood or accidental damage.


What is commercial property insurance and what does it cover?

No matter what type of business you run, whether you are a landlord or the owner of a large factory or shop or office, your property is at risk from many hazards such as loss or damage caused by:

  • flood;

  • theft;

  • vandalism;

  • fire;

  • accidental damage;

  • escape of water.

If your property is damaged – or at the very worse, destroyed by an insured event – commercial buildings insurance is designed to provide financial assistance that will typically repair any damage caused, and (if commercial contents insurance has been opted for as well) replace any damaged items.

The insurance basically puts you back in the same position you were before the event happened (less any policy excess and up to pre-agreed policy limits).

All our commercial buildings insurance policies provide public and employers’ liability as standard, as well as business interruption, up to 90 days’ unoccupied property cover and, free communal contents.

Additional optional extensions to our standard commercial property insurance policies include:

  • accidental damage;

  • vandalism;

  • legal expenses insurance;

  • landlord’s contents;

  • commercial contents.

Why may you need commercial buildings insurance?

Whether you own a residential property or a retail outlet, typically it will be a term of your mortgage agreement that you have adequate buildings insurance at the very least to protect both you and your loan provider’s financial interests.

Loss of rent (optional cover)

But this isn’t the only reason you may need property insurance for commercial buildings. If something happens to your property that damages it, your tenants may need to move out until it is repaired. Buildings insurance for commercial properties can include loss of rent cover – so if, for example, your property was severely damaged by flood, the policy will typically cover the costs of providing alternative premises for your tenant up to 25% of the sum insured.

Terrorism cover (optional cover)

It is becoming increasingly rare to find terrorism cover as a standard commercial building policy feature. To deal with this issue, we have negotiated terms with nearly all of our insurers to add this cover for a small additional premium. If you require terrorism cover for your commercial buildings, please ensure you let us know.

Why choose us at UKinsuranceNET?

At UKinsuranceNET we provide cover for tens of thousands of properties every year and have a vast experience of commercial property. This has allowed us to develop a range of bespoke products for landlords and other commercial property owners.

If you require a commercial property quote for your own business, you can take out a range of insurance covers to give you peace of mind. We have a variety of policies that can provide unoccupied commercial buildings insurance and owner-occupied buildings insurance.

We cover all property types, whether a domestic property in single or multiple occupation, occupied commercial premises or unoccupied properties, and blocks of flats insurance.

Our expert team will discuss your needs and arrange what's the most appropriate commercial buildings insurance solution for you. Or, if you prefer, you can get a commercial property insurance quote online and immediate cover.