Customer Login

Call today – +44 1325 346 328

Call from Overseas – +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: UKIN01

Holiday Home Insurance

Get an instant online quote in minutes. If you'd prefer to talk, call us on 01325 346328.

A figurine of an old, medium to large sized building, which may be used as a holiday home or a pub.

Get an instant quote for my holiday home

A figurine of a vacant, red telephone booth.

Request a call for advice on insuring a holiday home

A figurine of a medium-sized, two-storey, beige property with a red tiled roof.

I want a quote to insure a UK holiday let


Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
Holiday homes and lettings
Security of A-rated insurers
Claim alternative accommodation costs of up to 20% of the sum insured
Policies can include theft & malicious damage
Annexes and spare room lettings considered

UK holiday home insurance

  • Cost-effective cover for your UK holiday home.
  • Choose from a panel of insurers.
  • UK-based advisers providing advice and information.
  • Buildings only or buildings and contents options available.
  • Cover can be extended to include accidental damage to your contents.
  • Immediate cover available.
  • Includes specialist cover for holiday lettings.

If you have a holiday or second home in the UK, it is essential that you have the most appropriate and cost-effective holiday home insurance for your property – especially if you do not visit it regularly.

It is important to protect your property – and financial interest – against damage from fire, floods, theft, escape of water and any liability claims from paying guests or other visitors.

You may find that it is also a condition of any holiday home mortgage that you always have suitable holiday home insurance in place. You should check this with your mortgage provider.

All about holiday home insurance

If you own a second home or holiday let in the UK, bear in mind that traditional home insurance may not be adequate for your insurance needs. This is because second homes face additional risks that a standard buildings insurance policy for a residential home typically might not cover.

For example, a second home may stand empty for long periods of time. This means that something like a small leak could cause considerable damage without you being aware.

Buildings insurance

Holiday home buildings insurance typically provides cover for the structural aspects of the property and, in most cases, external buildings, garages, swimming pools, and boundary walls.

It can also cover permanent fittings against fire, storm damage and burst pipes.

Contents insurance

Holiday let contents insurance typically provides cover for furniture and electrical appliances. It is worth considering full accidental insurance as well, especially if there will be people renting your property.

If you decide that you want to let your property to paying guests (including Airbnb guests) there are further inclusions to your policy that you may wish to consider These include things like legal liability insurance, employers’ liability insurance, holiday letting cover, and legal expenses insurance.

Before selecting a policy, it is worth evaluating how the insurer would handle a claim. For example, you may wish to check that there is a 24-hour helpline available in the event of an urgent claim.

What’s covered by holiday home insurance?

Buildings and contents insurance for a holiday home will generally offer similar cover to that of your standard home insurance policy, such as fire, theft and flood. However, depending on the insurer, specialist holiday home and holiday let policies could also include:

  • Cover for holiday homes that are empty for more than 30 consecutive days.
  • Cover for personal use including your friends and family and paying guests.
  • Public liability cover if you let out your holiday home to paying guests.

Do I need holiday home insurance?

As we mentioned above, you’re not legally required to take out holiday home insurance. If you have a mortgage on the holiday home, however, then your mortgage provider may insist that you have appropriate property insurance and you should check this with them to ensure for all eventualities.

You also need to consider how you would pay for any damaged furniture and other items if you do not have holiday home insurance.

Finally, liability insurance protects you financially should any guests be injured or hurt during their stay and make a claim for compensation against you.

What about if I’m renting out a spare room?

If you are providing serviced accommodation, renting a spare room in your home or renting out an annexe as a holiday home, then please speak to us first to discuss this. In these cases, you need a slightly different type of property insurance.

Do you cover overseas holiday homes?

We regret that we cannot offer cover for holiday or second homes overseas.

Why choose UKinsuranceNET for holiday let insurance?

Our holiday home insurance can give you the peace of mind that your property is adequately protected against the unexpected. We pride ourselves on offering bespoke property insurance options at what we believe are cost-effective prices – all backed by a professional, experienced customer service team.

Get an instant online quote in minutes. If you'd prefer to talk, call us on 01325 346328