Customer Login

Call today – +44 1325 346 328

Call from Overseas – +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: UKIN01

Commercial Property Insurance FAQ's

Get an Instant Online Quote in minutes. If you prefer to talk call us on 01325 346328

Commercial Property Insurance is used to cover properties with an element of commercial usage, from perils such as fire, theft and natural disaster. This type of insurance is taken by a variety of property owners who’s buildings are occupied by businesses including manufacturers, retailers, service-oriented businesses and not-for-profit organizations. We can also arrange insurance where there is a mixed commercial/ residential use.

You must obtain Employers’ Liability insurance if you employ someone in relation to your property management. Your policy must cover you for at least £5 million and come from an authorised insurer. For more information regarding this, please see:

This is generally valid for 30 Days.

Property Owners Liability will provide cover against your legal liability for death or bodily injury (other than to an employee) and / or loss or damage to third party property arising out of your ownership of property.

You may need liability insurance if you:

  • Have visitors to your place of business
  • You or your employees regularly work off site
  • Offer advice or services for a fee
  • Aren’t legally protected by union membership
  • Employ or supervise people

You can check this through Mortgage Valuation Reports or Surveyors Reports.

If you took out a buy-to-let mortgage upon purchasing your property, your mortgage lender will have had a surveyor carry out a valuation which would give some indication as to the rebuild cost.

You can seek guidance from the following website however the only way to obtain an accurate rebuild cost is to enlist the services of a qualified surveyor.

If a person or organisation with political or religious views were to purposely carry out an act to damage or harm your property you can be covered through terrorism cover. This is because the government deem these actions as terrorism.

The type of quotation will depend on if we use our panel of insurers or just a single insurer, you will be notified at the time of quotation on which insurers that we have approached for quotes.

If the property is let to a 3rd party who trades a commercial business, you can be covered by Property Owners Insurance.

We can provide tailored policies to suit your needs and circumstances.

When the premises are empty it becomes an unoccupied property. You will need to take out unoccupied property insurance until the property is full again. We provide a range of polices for unoccupied insurance.

A property built of brick or concrete and roofed with slates, tiles, metal, concrete or sheets or slabs composed entirely of incombustible mineral ingredients and plastic roof lights.

Constructed of materials other than those detailed in the definition standard construction.

Business interruption insurance provides cover if you lose money as a result of not being able to trade. This could be due to stock or equipment being stolen, damaged or destroyed. It also covers any additional costs you have to pay out to get your business back up and running.

Can't Find Your Answer?

If you still can’t find your answer then please check our other FAQs or Get in Touch – we’re always happy to help.