Customer Login

Call today – +44 1325 346 328

Call from Overseas – +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: UKIN01

Tenants Contents Insurance FAQs

Tenants Contents Insurance protects your contents and personal belongings in your rented home from perils such as fire, theft, flood and accidental damage, and gives you the peace of mind that, should these incidents occur, you will not face financial hardship in order to replace or repair your belongings.

Your contents insurance can cover anything you want it to cover.

The usual protected contents are:

  • Jewellery and Clothes.
  • Appliances and Electronics.
  • Books, CDs, DVDs.
  • Furniture.
  • Cutlery and crockery.
  • Antiques and family heirlooms.

Make sure you don’t underinsure your belongings because your insurance won’t cover all your contents if you haven’t been paying the right price.

It is the Landlords’ responsibility to cover the building. You just need to protect your own belongings.

Certain policies will offer cover for Accidental Damage to personal possessions. In order for an accidental mishap to be covered under the accidental damage component of your policy, the damage must be unintentional. Accidental occurrences may include breaking/ruining an item with spilled liquid or dropping a breakable electronic device. Deliberate acts of destruction will not be covered.

Contact us and we will take the initial details and log the claim with the insurer. They will take it from there.

Each insurer is different so check your policy schedule to find out what excess is applicable. You may also find that different perils have different excess amounts.

No, however if you make a claim the Loss Adjuster will ask you for any receipts you may have. If you have these available it will enable the claim process to go through much quicker.

Usually for your belongings to be covered outside the home you need to take additional Personal Possessions cover.

New for old cover differs from indemnity cover policies in that the insurance company do not compensate you for your loss, rather they cover the cost of re-purchasing an item. The pay-out is the cost to buy the same or a similar item new at the time of making your claim. Thus, should your item no longer be available in the form or model which you are claiming for, you will receive the value of the closest possible match on today’s market.

Can't Find Your Answer?

If you still can’t find your answer then please check our other FAQs or Get in Touch – we’re always happy to help.