Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Customer Login Get Quotes

Fine Art Insurance

cta art

See what you could save by comparing 5 insurers.

Select your quote type below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
quote art 002

Fine Art Insurance

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Call Me To Discuss Fine Art Insurance

Request a Callback
quote art 001

Fine Art Collections

Get Quotes


  • Save £££'s online with our home insurance policies
  • Bespoke fine art insurance
  • Defaqto 5 Star rated cover
  • Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
  • Competitive Premiums
  • Choice of 5 "A Rated" Insurers

Fine Art Insurance

Do you own a piece of fine art that you keep at home? Perhaps you have even a collection of paintings, pictures and other objets d’art. The risk of theft, loss or damage is high and their repair or replacement is likely to cost a great deal.

The obvious way to protect them is with insurance, of course, and you might be relying upon your regular home insurance to do just that.

Look more closely at that home insurance policy, however, and you are likely to discover that whilst possessions including works of art might be included in your contents cover, there is a limit not just on the total contents sum insured, but also a maximum amount for any single claim.

Depending on the insurer, that limit might typically be in the range of £1,000 to £2,000 – and, therefore, offers insufficient cover for even a single piece of fine art, let alone a collection.

Why do you need specialist fine art insurance cover?

That is why you may need specialist home insurance which reflects the true value of your valuables to protect them adequately against loss or damage. It is also why our high net worth home contents insurance policies offer single item limits from £15,000 - £25,000 depending on the cover option you choose.

Art collections may take many different shapes and forms, including for example, fine furniture, paintings, stamp collections, libraries of rare books, the contents of your wine cellar or even a doll collection.

These are just some of the items that are likely to contribute to your overall wealth and the cover you need, therefore, is a form of high net worth insurance, to ensure that the risks of loss or damage are adequately and sufficiently covered.

Valuables insurance such as this is a specialist type of insurance because of the skills and experience needed in tailoring the cover to suit very specific, rare, and valuable objects – often relying on the expert advice of professional surveyors and valuers of fine art.

Depending on the size of your collection, your needs might be met with anything from single item insurance of individual pieces or a more general form of cover that embraces all the art work you own.

Why choose us at UKinsuranceNET?

That is precisely where we may come in. Our High Net Worth contents insurance policies can offer HNW contents cover from £75,000 - £250,000, so you can feel confident that your collection is adequately protected.

We have developed particular skills and expertise in arranging insurance cover for all manner of single pieces of art and domestic collections, using a handpicked panel of insurers who know their Monet from their Manet and offer specially tailored policies (that have 5* Defaqto ratings) to meet your particular, individual needs.

We are recognised throughout the UK as one of the country’s leading independent insurance brokers and have a firm commitment to putting you, the customer, first and delivering a first class service in everything we do.