Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

We are currently following Government guidelines in relation to the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic and our team are working from home. Our revised working hours during this time are between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. During this period we will still deliver the quality of service our customers have come to expect but it may be necessary to divert your call or to arrange a call back. You may prefer to email us at [email protected] or arrange a call back and we will get back to you. Remember, you can still buy, renew and amend many of our policies online. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Customer Login Get Quotes

Holiday Home Insurance FAQ

Holiday Home insurance differs to standard Home Insurance as Holiday Homes are seen to be of a higher risk as they may be left unoccupied for lengthy periods of time.

They may not be checked on regularly as they are unlikely to be near the owners first home so if any damage was to occur, it is unlikely to be discovered as quickly as it could be. Unoccupied properties can be targeted by squatters or thieves; and additional problems can be caused if the property is let out on a short term basis to holiday makers. (Holiday Let)

Holiday homes can be left vacant for long periods of time and so are more likely to become damaged for different reasons. Pipes can become frozen and burst and unoccupied property is more at risk from thieves and squatters. 

This still adds additional risk to the property such as damage and wear and tear. You will need Holiday Let Cover/Guest Damage Cover in these circumstances. 

Depending on your circumstances, we advise you to get cover for:



Public Liability

Employers' Liability

Guest Damage 

Read the terms and conditions of your policy carefully, but also think about:

Cover for theft by guests may be an optional extra

Solar panels may not be covered as standard

Emergency Travel Cover, if you need to travel long distances to sort out a problem

If the property is left unoccupied for extended periods - perhaps 30 days or more - you may need to request alternative cover.

Contact us and we will take the initial details and log the claim with the insurer. They will take it from there.