Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Please be aware that we are experiencing some intermittent issues with Renewal documentation and when making a payment for your renewal. Thankfully not all renewal cases are affected.  For alterative payment methods please refer to your renewal invitation.  We have a fix for this which will be live on Monday. We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Customer Login Get Quotes

Unoccupied Home Insurance

75% of customers could get a cheaper quote over the phone 

Call us on 01325 346328 now!

quote annex 001

I would like a quote for unoccupied home insurance

Get Quotes
Watson Phone

Please call me to discuss unoccupied home insurance

Request a Callback
Quote House with Garage

I want to compare prices for unoccupied home insurance

Get Quotes


  • Short & long term unoccupied insurance
  • Convert your policy to landlords or home insurance
  • Comprehensive or basic cover available
  • Interest free installments available
  • Policies can include theft & damage
  • Contents insurance cover available for unoccupied property

With the exception of homes that form part of a deceased's estate or a home bought as in investor the main reasons that a home is left unoccupied are:-

  • Owner is working away

  • Home requires necessary renovation

  • The owner requires long term medical care

Finding home insurance in these circumstances can be challenging fortunately UKinsuranceNET have specialised in this area for a number of years. We believe we have the widest range of unoccupied house insurance in the UK. We strongly advise that before you decide to use your existing home insurance policy you check with the existing insurer as terms & conditions can be onerous and unfortunately they will not accept ignorance of the terms & conditions as an excuse in the event of a claim.

When considering a policy remember you get what you pay for if a policy is a £200 cheaper than another policy it is likely that the cover will be restricted in some way.

If all that you require is unoccupied buildings insurance particularly if you are renovating a property basic cover may be acceptable. However if you are leaving your home unoccupied then you will require more comprehensive cover. Our range of unoccupied house insurance policies can cover all eventualities.

Before leaving your home unoccupied for any significant length of time we believe that you should consider the following:-

Ensure that you have a friend or family member inspect the property regularly. A minor continual escape of water left for a period of months can devastate a property. This is why escape of water is not usually covered with unoccupied insurance policies without terms and conditions applying. 

Home emergency cover, should a plumbing or electrical fault occur the person who is looking after your house will appreciate this. Remember standard home insurance will not provide cover as extensive as an unoccupied insurance policy. 

Speak to you local council, you may be eligible for a reduction in your council tax.

An alternative to leaving your home unoccupied is to let your property. If you are considering this we recommend that you employ an ARLA approved estate agent and ensure that you have an insurance policy that covers landlords. To find out more about landlords or buy to let insurance click on the highlighted link above. 



* 75% of all customers receiving an online quote in May 2017 could have obtained a cheaper quote over the phone, based on the information they provided