Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

We are currently following Government guidelines in relation to the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic and our team are working from home. Our revised working hours during this time are between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. During this period we will still deliver the quality of service our customers have come to expect but it may be necessary to divert your call or to arrange a call back. You may prefer to email us at [email protected] or arrange a call back and we will get back to you. Remember, you can still buy, renew and amend many of our policies online. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Customer Login Get Quotes

What kind of locks are on your property?

love-locks-59067 960 720

Something that can create cause for concern with customers filling out a UKinsuranceNET quote form is the types of locks on your property.

Some of us don’t know what standard or deadlocks are, and this can make us worry that we’re not proving the correct information for valid property insurance.

Certain types of locks can even save you money on your insurance, so you may want to invest in some improved security.

Here’s a quick guide to property locks and which one you currently use.

Five-lever mortice deadlock


This is the standard deadlock, which offers moderate protection to the main doors in your home.

Five-lever mortice deadlock conforming to BS 3621


If your deadlock conforms to the correct British Standard, your insurer will give you credit for a higher level of security, and you could get a discount off your premiums.

Key-operated multi-point locking system


This is a rim-locking system that bolts the door into the frame and offers a higher level of security.

Rim automatic deadlatch with key-locking handle


These offer extra security at night, allowing homeowners to lock their doors more securely from the inside.

Keep up with all of UKinsuranceNET's updates by following us on Facebook and Twitter