Customer Login

Call today – +44 1325 346 328

Call from Overseas – +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: UKIN01

Landlord Insurance for Overseas Landlords

Get an instant online quote in minutes. If you'd prefer to talk, call us on 01325 346328.

A figurine of a detached, two up, two down house.

I want to insure a single UK property

Rent Guarantee Insurance for landlords

I want to insure multiple UK properties

An iPhone that's ready to make a phone call.

Call now on 01325 346328 or click below


Overseas landlords accepted
Landlord liability cover
Cover for property portfolios
UK call centres
Manage your policy online 24/7
Free comparison service

Landlord insurance for overseas landlords

However long you plan to spend living abroad, investment in a buy-to-let property back in the UK may prove attractive. Not only are you likely to enjoy the capital appreciation in the value of the property, but it may also provide a steady income from the rent you receive. That is where landlord insurance for overseas landlords can be useful for protecting your investment.

This also applies if you are letting out your previous home whilst living overseas. Expat landlord insurance can give you the peace of mind that your property is protected against the unexpected.

Why do you need landlord insurance for overseas landlords?

If you decide to make such an investment, however, it is important to give more than a passing thought to its insurance.

Not only are you going to be a non-resident owner of the property, but you also need insurance specifically intended for accommodation that is to be occupied by tenants. In other words, the standard types of home insurance used by owner-occupiers is unsuitable for safeguarding the property you plan to let out.

Insurers consider the risks to let property compared to owner-occupied property to be so different that a claim may typically be rejected if you only have standard home insurance and have let your premises to tenants.

What you need to know when buying cover

When buying landlord insurance for overseas landlords, it is important to know just what cover you are buying. Although the details may vary from one policy to another, the principal elements of cover will typically include:

  • Protection of the structure and fabric of the building against potentially serious risks, such as fire, flooding, impacts, storm damage, and vandalism.
  • Protection of any contents of the property you own. Insurance for tenants’ property is entirely a matter for the tenants themselves. A bonus offered by UKinsuranceNET is that your property in communal areas enjoys entirely free cover.
  • Landlord liability insurance protects against the risk of you being held responsible for any personal injury or property damage suffered by one of your tenants, their visitors or a member of the public.
  • Compensation for the loss of rental income in the event of a major insured incident leaving your property temporarily uninhabitable and therefore unable to let.

Why choose us?

At UKinsuranceNET,we are experts in property insurance and have grown steadily and successfully since our formation some 15 years ago and are experts in property insurance.

We have close working relationships with all the leading providers of insurance for landlords in the UK. This gives you access to an especially wide range of providers to choose from, so you can pick the most suitable plans to match your needs.

You can also take advantage of the promotions and discounts offered by those insurers, and arrange your landlord insurance for overseas landlords cover quickly and easily – all at some of the most competitive rates the market has to offer.

Thanks to the spread of insurers that we regularly deal with, we can offer elements of cover that other providers might not. By no means all of them are likely to include cover against malicious damage caused by your tenants, for example, or to give you the choice of whether or not to include subsidence cover for the building itself. us on on 01325 346328.

Get an instant online quote in minutes. If you'd prefer to talk, call us on 01325 346328.