Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - +44 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Landlord’s Insurance for Overseas Residents

Up to 30% of Customers could get a cheaper premium over the phone. Call us now on 01325 346328 or Get an Instant Online Quote

Get an Instant Quote
Quote Small House

I want to insure a single property

Get Quotes
quote terraces

I want to insure multiple properties

Get Quotes
Watson Phone

Call now on 01325 346328 or click below

Request a Callback


  • Policies designed for overseas owners
  • Expat landlord insurance
  • Non-resident Landlords Scheme properties covered
  • Immediate cover online
  • Up to 10 different UK Insurers
  • See if we can save you money on your premiums

Landlord’s insurance for overseas residents helps to protect your having the best of both worlds. Although you might be living abroad, you may still enjoy the income from your investment in property in the UK - or from letting out your previous home - secure in the knowledge that your UK property is safely protected.

Why do you need landlord’s insurance for overseas residents?

There may be compelling reasons for your having made special provision for the insurance of your property in the UK if you are living overseas. When you are absent from the country, it is clearly impossible to maintain a first-hand oversight of the property or to keep abreast of developments concerning any tenancies.

Safeguarding the property and your buy to let business with insurance you may trust, therefore, is likely to be all the more critical when you are out of the country.

Expat landlord’s insurance itself is a specialist form of insurance and one that needs to be distinguished carefully from the kind of standard home insurance commonly arranged by owner occupiers. When the property is let, it is very much a business asset and the fact that tenants rather than owners are living there may give rise to a completely different range of risks.

Because of the different risks involved in running a buy to let business, therefore, insurers insist that the property is safeguarded by purpose-designed landlord’s insurance for overseas residents.

What you need to know when buying cover

When buying any kind of insurance, of course you want premiums that are competitively price. But there is more to landlord’s insurance for overseas residents than price alone.

Although you are not living in the country, your ownership of the property and your role as a landlord continue to give you a duty of care towards your tenants, their visitors and members of the public. If any one of these suffers an injury or damage to their property, for which they hold you responsible, you may be ordered to pay a substantial sum in compensation. Landlord liability insurance is designed to indemnify you against such claims.

At the heart of any insurance cover, you are also likely to want reliable protection of the building itself against a whole range of risks – some of which might be enough to destroy or damage the property so extensively that it needs to be totally rebuilt.

In many cases – and especially if the accommodation is a furnished let – you may own a valuable range of contents, which also need the benefit of protection by insurance.

Your buy to let property is an investment from which you are also looking to enjoy a steady income from rents. If a major insured event leaves the property so damaged that it is un-tenantable, landlord insurance typically offers a degree of compensation for such a loss of rental income.

Why choose us?

We understand what lies at the heart of your investment and the need for landlord’s insurance for overseas residents in particular. We also understand this niche of the insurance market and have close working relationships with the major players in it.

Thanks to our being able to match your needs to the insurance products available, we may offer you the cover you need .