Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Please be advised that our premium finance provider’s website is unavailable between 8pm Saturday 4th July and 10am Sunday 5th July 2020 for planned maintenance. This only affects customers wanting to buy or renew a policy and pay via instalments. All other policies will be unaffected. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Customer Login Get Quotes

Compare building insurance


Compare quotes from major UK insurers


Click Get Quote above or 


Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
Quote House with Garage

I want to compare building insurance quotes for my let property

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

I would like to discuss comparing building insurance

Request a Callback
quote house and policebox

I'd like to compare building insurance policies for my empty property

Get Quotes


  • Premiums from only £80 a year
  • Interest free direct debits available
  • Easy quote & application process
  • Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
  • Up to 90 days full cover for unoccupied properties
  • Low prices with value-added policies

Compare building insurance 

Owning any kind of building – whether as an owner occupier or a landlord of residential or commercial property – represents a significant investment.

Having made that investment, you are likely to be concerned about protecting it. The most effective and the most common way of doing so is through building insurance.

In order to ensure that you secure the most suitable cover at a competitive rate, you invariably compare building insurance. What is likely to be involved in such a comparison?

Why do you need to compare building insurance?

You may be drawn to any type of insurance comparison simply to get the cheapest price available. But price is rarely the only, or even the most important consideration.

Just as likely, and more critical, is securing the cover you need, the cover that best matches your particular, individual needs and circumstances.

Just as those needs and circumstances vary from one property owner to another, so building insurance policies have the capacity to differ considerably too. Some might include elements of cover you do not need; still others might fail to include those items of cover you consider to be essential.

Comparing building insurance, therefore, allows you to make sure that you have the full coverage you need, without the inclusion – and cost – of elements of cover you might not need.

So what are some of the risks that might be covered in your building insurance?

What you need to know when buying cover

The insured risks might include loss or damage to the structure and fabric of the building caused by:

  • fire;

  • escape of water – for example, from burst or ruptured water pipes in winter;

  • flooding – unless you or your insurer specifically excludes this risk because of past instances of or known vulnerabilities to flooding and the cost therefore of extending cover in this area;

  • earthquakes, explosions and lightning strikes;

  • subsidence – simply because some insurers choose not to cover this risk, or because the cost of covering it is unacceptably high because of past incidents of subsidence or known susceptibility;

  • theft – of structural materials or fixtures, unless the building is left empty and unoccupied for longer than a prescribed period; and

  • accidental damage – which may be limited to fittings such as sanitary ware and glass, unless all-risks accidental cover is chosen as an option;

  • loss or damage to outbuildings, garden sheds and furniture may be offered as an optional element of cover.

Why choose us?

We offer you access to some unique insurance policies which are exclusive to UKinsuranceNET – and at prices you may find difficult to beat elsewhere.

Attractive no claims discounts may be accumulated, discounts on multi-property portfolios are available and – unusually for many building insurance policies – full cover extends for a generous 90 days after the insured building becomes empty and unoccupied.