Unoccupied Insurance

house 270px 3

75% of customers could get a cheaper quote over the phone *

Call now on 01325 346 328 and Quote Ref WS1


Click "Get Quotes" below


Quote House

I want to insure my house whilst it is unoccupied

Get Quotes
quote shop corner

I want to insure a commercial building whilst its unoccupied

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me back I need unoccupied insurance advice

Request a Callback


  • Specialist advice to ensure you get the right cover at the right price
  • Commercial property cover available
  • Interest free installments
  • Cover during probate
  • Theft - malicious damage cover can be included
  • Excellent unoccupied premiums

Unoccupied Insurance

At UKinsuranceNET we have significant experience in dealing with your insurance requirements if your property is unoccupied. We can cover all of the following situations:-

  • Property awaiting let.

  • Houses undergoing renovation.

  • Buildings temporarily unoccupied.

  • Homes subject to probate.

  • Property subject to power of attorney.

  • Commercial building.

  • Unoccupied home insurance.

Unoccupied property subject to probate 

The most common reason for a property to be unoccupied is after the death of the occupant, generally whilst the property is subject to probate. We have a great deal of experience in dealing with this issue and although we generally deal with solicitors we are happy to guide relatives through the process.

Unoccupied house insurance whilst undergoing renovation

This is the second most common unoccupied insurance that we deal with. The major things that we take into consideration when looking at this particular area are

  • What work is being carried out.

  • Who is carrying out the building works.

If you are not using a building contractor too carry out the works you may find some insurers restrict cover to what is known as FLEE (Fire, Lightning, Earthquake, Escape of water) In addition they may apply rigid inspection requirements. To ensure that you get the right policy we suggest that you take advice.

Unoccupied property awaiting let

Often not covered by landlords insurance are the circumstance when a landlord finds a property unoccupied for more than a few weeks. Cover can be reduced to very basic levels or even cease entirely. if you expect a rented property to remain unoccupied for more than 30 days you must inform the insurance company to ensure that adequate cover is maintained.


* 75% of all customers receiving an online quote in May 2017 could have obtained a cheaper quote over the phone, based on the information they provided