At UKinsuranceNET we are committed to protecting your privacy. All information provided to us is handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
This document aims to outline:
- Who we are
- What we are going to do with the information we collect/handle
- Who we will share this information with
UKinsuranceNET is the trading title of Internet Insurance Services UK Ltd, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference number is 300859.
Our permitted business is advising, arranging, dealing as an agent and assisting in the administration of general insurance contracts.
Our Registered Office is: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW.
Internet Insurance Services UK Ltd is part of the PIB Group.
How do we collect personal information?
Your personal information can be given by you, via our websites or by telephone.
As data controllers we control the ways in which your data is collected and the purposes for which your data used.
What information do we need to collect?
To allow an insurance quote to be generated we need to obtain the following information:
- Policy Holders Name
- Additional Proposer Details
- Policy Holders Date of Birth
- Property Address
- Specific Property details also including history of the property
- Personal Information relating to the policy holder
- Previous claims history
- Correspondence details: email address, telephone number and residential address
Should you wish to proceed with a quote further personal information would also need to be obtained:
- Bank Details
- Debit/Credit Card details
Why do we need to collect this information?
We need to obtain and collect this data so that we can facilitate your insurance needs. Processing this personal data is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest as there is a genuine reason to do this. Without this data it would not be possible to obtain an insurance quote or administrate your insurance policy.
Submitting information to us regarding another person is subject to the same conditions as your own personal information and you confirm that you have their full knowledge and authorisation.
We will never sell your personal data to 3rd parties.
How do we store your personal information?
The safe storage of your personal data is paramount and this is the main reason why we have enlisted and appointed the expertise of professional companies to ensure that the safeguarding of customer data is carried out using the most up to date technologies to prevent any compromises’ of this data.
Personal data that is recorded on our web-site is on a secure web server and protected by a secure socket layer. (This means that the web site has a certificate that tells the browser connecting that its secure – often a little padlock). This data is then automatically transmitted and stored in an off- site secure data center.
Personal data that is recorded via telephone is entered within our system again via a secure web server, protected by a secure socket layer. The same process follows that this data entered is automatically stored in an off-site secure data center.
Telephone calls are recorded for monitoring purposes and stored via an internal secure dedicated server. No card details are saved within these telephone calls as pause and resume is in full operation on all telephone calls. (The recording of the call pauses whilst card details are being taken, call recording then resumes at the end when card details are processed)
All card payments that are recorded on the system are fully encrypted following PCI DSS compliance regulations and no storage of CVV codes.
What do we do with this information?
Your information will be passed to specific third parties that require your data in order to provide an insurance quote, process the payment of your insurance policy or to obtain credit for purchasing your insurance policy. Should you wish to understand who will receive your data, this is available on request.
In certain circumstances, your data may need to be disclosed to regulatory entities for the purposes of monitoring or complying with any regulatory requirements. All third parties that we deal with have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to in order to protect your data.
How long do we hold and require your information?
This can be very challenging as retention of your information is critical for a future claim especially when the customer has held insurance that included liability cover. In line with regulations, we adopt the principle that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary.
This is more detailed within our document retention policy, however, in summary if you have held an insurance policy with us we will retain full records up to 7 years after the expiry of that policy. After 7 years we will safely and securely archive your data records as we understand this information may be required should a complaint or claim be pursued.
Your Data Subject Rights
- A right of access to a copy of the information in your personal data
- A right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress
- A right to prevent processing for direct marketing
- A right to object to decisions being taken by automated means
- A right in certain circumstances to have your inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- A right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the act
Requesting access to your personal data – Subject Access Request
Any data we hold relating to an individual can be accessed by that individual. This can be requested at any time, via phone, email or letter free of charge. These are called Subject Access Requests, we must respond to your request within 10 days and we have 30 days to actually send the data.
As a broker we have available a large range of products and services. We feel that by sharing offers and news of our discounts and new products, then this can be most advantageous to our customers and allows them to benefit from any promotions.
When you make any enquiry, or buy a policy, we will discuss the opportunities for you to receive these marketing promotions and the methods in which they may be communicated (Post, SMS, email, telephone or via social media). Should you choose not to receive such information on our promotions your customer record will be updated accordingly.
Cookies are used by most websites to improve and personalise your experience by enabling your web browser to remember you when using our website. They are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
- The site remembers what stage you were in during the online quote, to prevent you having to start all over again
- To record if you use our mobile site or full website
- To produce analytics thereby ensuring we continue to provide our customers with the best online experience and value for money
- To allow our carefully chosen third party suppliers to provide their services
By using and browsing our websites you consent to cookies being used in accordance with your policy. If you do not want to consent, you are always free to disable cookies if your browser permits. Although in doing so this may interfere with your use of some of the site.
Our web sites may contain links to other web sites operated by 3rd parties. These links are provided for your convenience, however, we accept no responsibility or liability for the content of any other web site to which we may link. You are recommended to read carefully the privacy policies of these web sites before submitting any personal data.
Use of UKinsuranceNET websites are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- UK Only – The information on our websites complies with appropriate UK authority legislation
- Availability – We take reasonable steps to ensure that are websites are accessible at all times. However, we cannot be held liable if, for any reason the websites are unavailable for any period of time. It may be necessary from time to time to suspend access to the web site for routine updates and maintenance without notice.
- Copyright – The content and web pages of this websites, unless otherwise stated are the property of UKinsuranceNET and all rights in respect of copyright are reserved. We use a copy protection system to track any copyright infringement across the internet.
- Jurisdiction – The websites shall be governed in accordance with English law, in the event of any dispute; the relevant parties irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
UKinsuranceNET Privacy Notice V004 (2019-03-29)