This Christmas we have done our best to give you the best tips so that you can save money. Our last Christmas tip is the great idea of creating your own Christmas Wreath to personalise your home and help you save. Perhaps you could make one for a friend?
We’ve gone for a traditional holly wreath. Depending on the branches you have available you can tailor this method to your liking.
You will need
- Wire hanger
- Evergreen. E.g. Boxwood, Balsam, Pine, Cedar
- Holly branches
- Floral Pick
- Red satin ribbon
- To begin, cut each stem off of the branches so they are 5-7 inches long.
- Gather 5-6 stems and wrap wire tightly around the stems. Continue until you have enough bunches to cover the wreath.
- Using long wire begin fastening the bundles on the wire hanger to form your wreath.
- Trim the holly branches to make twelve 4-inch berry sprigs. Align each sprig stem with 1 floral pick, and wrap with wire to secure.
- Starting at the bottom of your wreath, insert holly sprigs, continuing about ¾ of the way up each side.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bottom of the wreath and secure at the back. Tie the lengths of ribbon in a bow.
You can add ornaments or followers as you wish to personalise your wreath, We hope that you have found this idea useful and can create something special to decorate your home with at this time of year.
If you have found ‘Make Your Own Christmas Wreath’ useful, you may also like ‘Make Your Own Christmas Crackers. You can keep up with our blog posts by following us on Facebook and Twitter. Every Saturday is Savers Saturday so that you can save money by following our step by step guides for home essentials.