Thinking of moving to Chelmsford? Whether you’re starting a family, planning an investment or beginning higher education, here is what Chelmsford has to offer.
House Prices 🏠
Chelmsford is a county town located in Essex, with property well sought after due to the fact that it is located directly in the commuter belt of London, making it a desirable place to live. It is also known for its vibrant nightlife and shopping.
- Most expensive property: £1,650,000 (September 2015)
- Average house price in city: £288,584
- Cheapest property: £140,000 one bedroom semi-detached.
Property Investment 🏠 🏠
Chelmsford is a great location for investing in property, whether as a first home or to rent out, due to the fact that it falls in the London commuter belt.
- Population in the urban region is around 110,000, district population is about 168,310
- 76.5% of residents live in social housing, 11.3% council and 6.3% rent privately
- Around 14,000 people commute from and to London by rail.
- Chelmsford was originally a market and agricultural town and is an important industry centre for both national and international businesses
- Around 80,000 people are employed in Chelmsford
- Chelmsford is home to many sizeable businesses at the Chelmsford Business Park.
Location and Transport 🚌
There are numerous transport links including:
- Chelmsford railway station
- A new bus terminal was opened in 2007 and includes apartments and shops, offering numerous bus routes
- The Park and Ride service is widely used and has proven to be successful.
- Chelmsford is home to part of the Anglia Ruskin University
- Chelmsford College offers further education with three sites throughout the city and is home to 2,200 full time students along with 2,100 part time
- Schools include King Edward VI Grammar School and Chelmsford County High School for Girls.
There are many things to see and do in Chelmsford, including
Finally, did you know …
There are some interesting facts about Chelmsford:
- Did you know that Danbury Common close to Chelmsford has Britain’s biggest population of Adder snakes?
- Did you realise that the first public broadcast in Britain came from Chelmsford in 1920?
Did you know that the V Festival is held annually in Chelmsford