Thinking of moving to Manchester? Whether you’re starting a family, planning an investment or beginning higher education, here is what Manchester has to offer.
House Prices 🏠
- Most expensive property: £1.525m
- Average house price in Manchester: £208,286
- Cheapest property: £15,000 for a 2-bed flat.
Property Investment (Image: Multiple Houses) 🏠 🏠
- The city region has one of the largest student populations in the UK, potentially making Manchester an ideal place to invest in student lets
- Central Manchester has a number of affordable flats, great if you want to let to singles and professionals in the area
- The most prevalent age group in the area are those aged 25-44 with 35% of the population living alone – therefore, flats and starter homes could be great for savvy investors.
- The economy of Manchester is amongst the largest in England, and Greater Manchester is home to more multi-millionaires than anywhere outside London
- The city is also a key location for many foreign owned companies and headquarters, and almost half of the Northwest's Top 500 businesses
- It is the 51st best city in the world to live in according to the Economist Intelligence Unit in 2012, in a study which looked at crime levels, education, health care, culture and infrastructure.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Greater Manchester has a higher percentage of the motorway networks than any other county
- There are over 200 tram and rail stations and more than 600 bus services
- Manchester Airport is the third busiest airport in the United Kingdom.
- There are four universities - Manchester University, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Salford and the University of Bolton
- Primary and Secondary schools include C of E, Roman Catholic and several Muslim and Jewish establishments
- Manchester also has a law school.
Manchester is a major city in the northwest of England and has a rich industrial heritage as well as museums, great nightspots and some beautiful parks and country walks. Highlights include:
- The Castlefield Conservation Area’s 18th-century canal system
- The revitalised Salford Quays dockyards
- The Museum of Science and Industry
- Manchester United and Manchester City Football clubs.
Did you know …
- ‘Matchstick Men’ painter LS Lowry (1887-1976) is buried in Manchester?
- Manchester is the only place in the world where you can obtain a degree in ‘Mummy Studies’?
- The 2004 remake of the film 'Alfie' was based in New York but some of the outside scenes were filmed in Manchester?
Don't want to miss another Hot Spot article? Follow UKinsuranceNET on Facebook and Twitter.