Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Holiday Home Insurance


Save money today!

Select Get Quote below or

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
quote pub 001

I want to insure a UK Holiday Home

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

I need advice on insuring a holiday home

Request a Callback
Quote Large House

I want to insure a UK Holiday Let

Get Quotes


  • Unique and exclusive insurance schemes
  • Low prices with value-added policies
  • Security of A rated insurers
  • Claim alternative accommodation costs of up to 25% of the sum assured
  • Policies can include theft & malicious damage
  • Contents cover available for unoccupied property

UK Holiday Home Insurance 

  • Cost-effective cover for your UK holiday home

  • Choose from a panel of insurers

  • UK based advisers providing advice and information

  • Buildings only or buildings and contents options available

  • Cover can be extended to include accidental damage to your contents

  • Immediate cover available

  • Includes specialist cover for holiday letting

If you have a holiday or second home in the UK, it is worth taking the time to ensure that you have the most appropriate (and cost-effective) second home insurance for your property – especially if you do not visit it regularly.

While it is vitally important to protect your property against damage from fire, floods, burglary, escape of water and any liability claims from paying guests or other visitors, typically it may also be a condition of any holiday home mortgage that you have suitable insurance in place at all times.

All about Holiday Home Insurance

If you own a second home or holiday let in the UK, then you should note that traditional home insurance cover may not be adequate – nor legal – for your insurance needs. This is because these types of properties face additional risks that a standard buildings insurance policy designed for a residential home typically may not cover.

For example, a second home may stand empty for a period of time, meaning that something like a small leak could cause considerable damage without you being aware.

Or, if you have paying guests, you typically may need a higher level of public liability insurance cover, to protect you financially in the event of any claims for loss, damage, injury or death on your premises deemed to be caused due to your negligence.

This means that when buying property insurance, you will need to make sure that you are fully covered in the areas of:

Buildings Insurance

Holiday Home Buildings Insurance typically provides cover for the structural aspects of the property and, in most cases, external buildings, garages, swimming pools, boundary walls etc. It also covers permanent fittings against fire, weather damage, burst pipes and subsidence.

Contents insurance

Holiday Let Contents insurance provides cover for furniture and electrical appliances. It is recommended that you have full accidental insurance as well, especially if there will be people renting your property. 

If you decide you want to let your property to paying guests there are further inclusions to your policy that you may wish to consider, such as legal liability insurance, employers’ liability, holiday letting cover, and legal expenses insurance. 

Whatever policy you decide to choose, it is important that you check the small print and ensure that you will be covered for every eventuality. Before selecting a policy, it is worth evaluating how the insurers would handle a claim, so, for example, you may wish to check that there is a 24 helpline available in the event of an urgent claim.

UKinsuranceNET UK holiday home insurance policy can give you the peace of mind that your property is adequately protected against the unexpected.

We regret that we cannot offer cover for holiday or second homes overseas.