Thinking of moving to Carlisle? Whether you’re starting a family, planning an investment or beginning higher education, here is what Carlisle has to offer.
House Prices 🏠
Carlisle is a city in Cumbria and is one of the biggest settlements. The city was originally known as a Roman settlement, serving forts on Hadrian’s Wall and it is home to one of the biggest shopping centres in Cumbria. There are numerous properties on offer varying in price, making Carlisle a great opportunity for property investment, first homes and family homes.
- Most expensive property: £540,000 4 bedroom detached house with 2 barns
- Average house price in city: £128,946
- Cheapest property: £39,000 for a 2 bedroom flat
Property Investment 🏠🏠
- Carlisle has a population of more than 100,739; this was the last census in 2001.
- 46.7% of the population are married
- Top 3 occupations types are made up of 13.7% of people having skilled trades, 13.2% elementary and 12.3% are professionals
- 39.0% of people are in full time employment and 14.6% in part time employment.
- 20.4% of residents are in retail and wholesale businesses
- Carlisle is one of the largest of cities in England
- The city offers the biggest shopping centre in Cumbria.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Carlisle is on the very north of North West England and it is the biggest city by area in England
- Carlisle Railway station
- while very accessible, it still enjoys lush countryside on most sides.
- Carlisle Cathedral is a huge draw for tourists with a ceiling dating back to the 1400s
- Hadrian’s Wall is an archaeological site and one of the greatest of Roman monument
- Tullie House Museum offers activities for all ages with interactive exhibitions
- The Lanes Shopping Centre for retail therapy and Market Hall Carlisle
- Many well-known high street names along with independent stores feature in a traffic free shopping area.
Finally, did you know …
- The M6 motorway from Rugby to Carlisle is the longest British motorway at a little over 226 miles in length
- The mother of Woodrow Wilson - the 28th president of the United States - was born in Carlisle in 1826
- Carlisle was the first city to have a letterbox in mainland Britain
- Carlisle is said to be the happiest city in Britain.