If you are thinking of moving to or investing in property in Sheffield, then read on to see what Sheffield has to offer.
House Prices 🏠
- Most expensive property: £1.65m for a 6 bedroom detached home
- Average house price in Sheffield: £173,818
- Cheapest property: 2 bedroom apartment, auction price from £32,500.
Property Investment 🏠 🏠
- There are plans for a £4.2million apartment scheme to be built in Shalesmoor, with studio apartments starting at £69,950 and a 5.77% projected net rental returns for a 1-bed apartment
- Current Sheffield property prices are 11% up on 2010
- Prices in the region (Midlands, the North and Wales) are forecast to increase by 18.2% by 2020.
- According to Wikipedia, the "UK Cities Monitor 2008" placed the city among the top ten best cities to locate a business
- The same report places Sheffield second in terms of the availability of financial incentives
- Sheffield has a thriving commercial centre with plenty of multi-national businesses. More than half a million people live in the city which also has 20,000 businesses and over 60,000 students.
Location and Transport 🚌
- Sheffield is linked into the national motorway network via the M1 and M18 motorways
- Major railway routes through Sheffield railway station links the city to London, the East Midlands, the East of Scotland, Northeast of England and the Southwest
- Sheffield has a direct connection to continental Europe via St Pancras International.
- There are 3 airports nearby – East Midlands, Doncaster Sheffield, and Manchester.
- There are 137 primary schools, 26 secondary schools, five independent private and 12 special schools in Sheffield
- A new £10 million college building has recently opened - the University Technical College (UTC) Olympic Legacy Park.
- Sheffield is the only city with a national park - the Peak District - within its boundary and it is the second most visited national park in the world
- There is lots to do from visiting historic buildings and museums to visiting the butterfly house and botanical gardens
- Known as The Outdoor City Sheffield’s lifestyle offer is cutting edge culture and big city living, fused with outdoor adventure and rural escapes.
Finally, did you know …