Skip to content

Call today - 01325 346 328

Call from Overseas - 0044 1325 346 328

Quote Ref: WS1

Tenants Contents Insurance


Excellent low cost premiums on Tenants Contents policies

Click Get Quotes now OR

Call now on and Quote Ref WS1
Quote Small House

I would like a quote for Tenants Contents Insurance

Get Quotes
Quote Telephone Box

Please call me to discuss Tenants Contents Insurance

Request a Callback
Quote House with Garage

I want to compare prices on Tenants Contents Insurance

Get Quotes


  • Massive savings with our online policies
  • Low prices with but great cover
  • Flexible, Comprehensive Policies
  • Easy Application Process
  • Cover available for all types of tenant
  • Experienced advisors at your service

Home contents insurance for tenants

If you live in a rented property – even one that is partly furnished by the landlord – then it is typically still important that that you consider tenants contents insurance (also known as renters contents insurance). Many renters assume that because their landlord insures the building, they do not need to worry about covering their contents.

Contents insurance for tenants, however, can cover your possessions – as well as you personally – against a number of hazards and risks.

Why may you need cover?

Basically, anything you take in to the property, it is your responsibility to insure, as your landlord’s own insurance policy typically will not cover it.

Walk around your property and tot up the value of everything you own, from electronic gadgets to clothing, jewellery, sports equipment, furniture (if it is yours and not the landlords) and kitchen equipment etc.

Then imagine the worse case scenario – the property burns down and all your possessions go with it. Could you afford to replace them easily out of your own pocket?

Won’t normal home contents insurance do?

Traditional home contents insurance is not designed for people who live in a rented property, so if you buy the former, you typically may not have the most appropriate cover for your needs.

For example, contents only insurance (for homeowners):

  • typically tends to have a minimum sum insured (from £10,000-£20,000) – this may be too much for the average renter, so you’ll be paying for cover you don’t need;

  • does not have an element of tenants liability insurance (this is important to protect you financially in case you damage anything owned by the landlord).

Renters insurance may be worth considering and at UKinsuranceNET, we have a number of cost-effective policies that will give you the protection you need, without breaking the bank.

What does home contents insurance for rented property include?

Tenants contents insurance policies vary depending on the provider and the product you choose. Generally, cover includes loss, damage or destruction of your possessions.

There may also be an option to extend the contents insurance for a let property to cover high risk personal items which are taken outside the home, on holiday or worldwide (such as cameras, clothes, sports equipment and jewellery and so on).

Why use UKinsuranceNET for your tenants contents insurance?

At UKinsuranceNET we are specialists in providing property insurance (including tenants content only insurance).

Our multi quote and buy service enables you to compare contents insurance to find what you consider to be the cheapest contents insurance and tenant liability insurance for you.

Alternatively, please feel free to give us a call now on 01325 346394 and we will be happy to help you find the most appropriate renters insurance for you.